Top Student Holidays
Looking to have the ultimate student holiday ? Then why not head down to some of the worlds best student holiday destinations and see what fun there is waiting for you and your mates. Here at UNIsorted we’re all about finding what’s best for all students, whether it’s a non stop party on the beach of Ibiza or an eventful sight seeing visit to Paris, Barcelona or Budapest. Whatever destination takes your fancy, just be sure to track down the best price and make the most of your trip.
Top Student Holidays
For an easy to read version - click here
Our Top Picks:
- Ibiza (Spain) – This is the place for some all round fun and excitement. Get yourself ready for many nights of partying along with taking a stride along dozens of sandy beaches. Ibiza is the home to many clubs and bars and offers the best and most outrageous summer scene.
The only downside to Ibiza is that you will be facing a whole lot of British tourists,which has its positives but also it may feel you never left your university campus. Looking at the positive side of things there are summer job opportunities, work on the beach and in local bars, and get yourself basked in the hot sun.
- Cancun (Mexico) – White sand and the turquoise Caribbean Sea are Cancun’s best characteristics. You’ll find yourself tranquillized into its immense water activities, fantastic climate and amazing nightlife. There is also some really good all inclusive holidays packages available for Cancun.
However It’s recommended to bear in mind that the flight journey to Cancun (from Manchester) is around 10hours. So if you’re up for it, get ready for a long air journey.
- Bulgaria – Noted for its historical and cultural heritage, Bulgaria has a lot more to offer its tourists. Becoming a place for partygoers, sightseers and adventurers, Bulgaria needs to be on your hotspot destination list.
Head off to Varna, Bulgaria’s largest city on the Black Sea coast, for stylish nights, cocktails and Bulgarian (very cheap) Alcohol. Travelling in the summer (June-July) will can get ready to see the amazing ‘Varna Summer International Festival’. You may come across some communication barriers, so maybe learning a few key phrases in Bulgarian may come of use.
- Barcelona (Spain) – Stroll down the Las Ramblas, and take strides into the side streets where you’ll find unique and quirky shops selling wonderful handmade products, such as jewelery. Delve into sightseeing, from the magnificent buildings by Antonio Gaudi to taking a tour of Camp Nou. And if that is not enough to wet your appetite then the night life is pretty formidable too.
Prepare yourself for street crime, with pick pocketing on the streets be sure to keep all valuables close and tucked safely away in a zipped bag or pockets.
- Zante (Greece) – Having numerous bars, clubs, and an exciting nightlife you’ll be sure to have the holiday amusement you’ve been waiting for. Head towards Laganas, Zante’s biggest nightclub paradise. Expect loud music, cheap drinks and lashings of party people. However be prepared for noise and crowds of tourists when travelling in the main seasons. Zante is also known for being ‘overdeveloped’ and too centred around tourism thus losing its heritage. Nevertheless, Zante has lots of friendly locals, great food and amazing night entertainment to offer its visitors. Known as Zakynthos to the locals, it also boasts a giant turtle sanctuary in the main bay which can be fun when hiring a pedalo. Just dont swim too close!
For the best flight deals check out skyscanner
10 Student Destinations you won’t want to miss:
1.Marmaris (Turkey) – Whether it’s beautiful days out on the beach you are after or a night full of fun, dancing, and entertainment then be sure to add Marmaris to your destination wishlist. You’ll be sure to come across servings of Turkish specialities across many bars and restaurants, so why not give your taste buds something new to experience.
2.Amsterdam (Holland) – It’s not just all about sex and drugs in Amsterdam, although that is available, it also has many other attractions such as a good nightlife, good sporting history and some great architecture.
3.Corfu (Greece) – Being situated just off the west coast of Greece gives it the advantage of beautiful beaches and Mediterranean weather. Why not be daring and hire yourselves a Motor Boat, with no license required this is an experience you won’t want to pass.
4.Malia (Greece)– A great place to get yourself some money over the summer break, with jobs available at bars, clubs, hotels and on the beach. Malia is also one of the top resorts for it’s extraordinary nightlife.
5.Ayia Napa (Cyprus) – Now becoming a new ‘party capital’, Ayia Napa holds its status for having sandy beaches, lively nightlife as well as some very beautiful scenery. Travel between July and August, and get yourself topped up with glowing tanned skin.
6.Budapest (Hungary) – From outdoor garden parties in the warm months to gorgeous architectural attractions, Budapest is the newest place on everyone’s destination list. With excellent food and wine being its forte, along with bars and clubs being atmospheric and the shopping areas being unique and exquisite.
7.Faliraki (Greece) – Funfilled yet hectic are the words best to describe Faliraki’s nightlife. Having some of the best beach bars which last until the early hours of the morning, giving you the perfect excuse to dance the night away.
8.Newquay (Devon) - Staying closer to home could be a great option, Newquay is a great option for students, especially those who love the water. If you're a novice then why not get some surfing lessons and then party afterwards ? Or of course you could just relax on the beach.
9.Marrakech (Morroco) – With its North African cuisines, and the unforgettable Jema El Fna Square where you’ll come across endless souks (markets), around every corner and alleyway. Spend your nights watching belly dancers and enjoy the fusions of Moroccan music.
10.Croatia – Glistening seas during the day and pumping nightlife. Travel to Dubronvik (Croatia’s southern City), Hvar or Brac (some of Croatia’s mini islands) and get yourself onto some amazing beaches, and into the best clubs and bars.
Holiday Travel Tips
When your parents nag you to ‘be safe’ and ‘don’t talk to strangers’, don’t go placing it at the very back of your mind. Remember a fun holiday is a safe holiday. We at UNIsorted know how exciting it can get to become mesmerized with the whole notion of a student holiday, but make it unforgettable in the right ways with these handy tips:
- Stay in groups of two or more. Don’t wander off on your own; remember you’re in unfamiliar territory. (Just in case check your phone is working) - Click here
- Make sure to check out the hotel and surrounding area ratings/reviews before booking. - Check here
- Take a first aid kit and any additional medical remedies if you or anyone else in your group happens to fall ill.
- On a night out – carry condoms if you are that way inclined, and plan your route back to your hotel before you head out for a night of fun.
- Know your alcohol intake limits. Drink safe.
- Plan your trip before you get there; make lists of the places you want to visit. This will save a lot of time once you reach your destination.
- Take enough cash to last your journey. Maybe keep an emergency envelope of cash. Every hotel will have safety deposit boxes – use them to your advantage, lock up your passports, and cash when they are not going to be of use. Lock up any valuables before leaving your room.
- Student Travel Insurance. It’s in your best interest to stay safe while away so why not search for the best travel insurance that suits your needs. Check here
- Dont get your money changed up at the airport! Always check for the best current rates - Check here
- Have we missed something? Please leave a comment and tell us, we would love to hear!
Article Requested By: Veronica Bence
University of Salford | Manchester Metropolitan University | University of Manchester | Holiday | Student Holidays | Clubbing | Beach | Ibiza | Bulgaria | Barcelona | Corfu | Marrakech | Budapest | Croatia | Cancun | Ayia Napa | Marmaris | Zante | Skiing | Faliraki | Malia | Rome | Amsterdam | Travel Insurance | Nights Out | Sightseeing | Short Break | Attractions | Nightclubs | Shopping | Food | Wine | Restaurants | Student Travel
Have a university or student life related question? Want more information about a certain subject? Request an article here.